Police: Three missing minor girls recovered from Delhi

Tribune News Service

Bathinda, November 22

After one week, the Bathinda police succeeded in recovering three missing school girls from New Delhi last night. The girls had run away on their own as they were unhappy with the family and wanted to live an independent life.

Bathinda SSP Nanak Singh said a police team, headed by DSP Gurjit Singh Romana and Kotwali SHO Davinder Singh, succeeded in recovering the girls from New Delhi.

The SSP said, “These girls had made a plan last month to run away from here to Delhi, where they had planned to do some job in a bakery and earn their livelihood away from their families.” He said on November 14, these girls went to the Bathinda railway station to board a train for Delhi, but by the time they reached the station, the train had already left. Then they boarded a train to Mansa and waited for a train for Delhi, but they did not get any train. Later, they reached Sangrur by train and from where they boarded a train to Delhi.

After reaching Delhi, one of the girls called her cousin, who was in Bengaluru and told him that they had reached Delhi and what should they do next. The cousin told her to come to Bengaluru. Then, they again boarded a train to Bengaluru and on reaching there, the cousin scolded her for running from house, the SSP added.

The SSP said the cousin told the girls that he would arrange their return to home, so from there they went to Pune and then reached Delhi. In the meantime, the girls had made a plan that they would run away from the cousin whenever they got a chance, so after reaching Delhi, the cousin went to take tickets for the Bathinda-bound train. Seeing a chance, the girls again fled away by boarding a train to Mumbai. After reaching Mumbai, they thought that they had planned to work in Delhi, so they again reached Delhi and after which they were recovered by the Bathinda police.

He said, “We will produce them in a juvenile court.” He said there were a few lapses as the girls, who were minors, stayed at a hotel in Delhi with valid ID proof. He said they would inform the Delhi police as well to take action against the hotel. Even the cousin should have informed the police in the initial stages.

It is pertinent to mention that on November 14, three school girls of Class VII of government schools had gone missing as they left the home for school, but did not return. After which the parents had lodged a missing complaint suspecting that somebody had kidnapped their daughters.


View All

‘Restricting garden timings no remedy’

PU students, residents want security up

Salon manager alleges extortion by cops, retracts

SHO of MDC police station suspended; Home Guards jawan, accu...

For UT, bus shelters can wait, not flyover

Both projects took root in 2016, but Admn rushed with the l...