- You started your career as a theatre artist, was it always in your mind to be a part of Pollywood?
After exploring my acting skills in the theatre space, I knew I wanted to be an actor. Pollywood at the time was not as developed an industry as it is today, so I was leaning towards Bollywood but as the former grew, I felt more comfortable.
- What in a script prompts you to take up a role?
The overall story and then the role being offered to me.
- How do you feel going back to shoots after a long break?
I am very excited to get back on sets and resume work.
- What three things did you learn from Covid-19 outbreak?
Life is too unpredictable, so do not taking anything or anyone for granted. Two, nature has its own way of doing things so go with the flow. Three, no matter how much technology has developed our body is still fragile.
- Do you think OTT is the future?
- If given a choice, would you prefer doing a Hindi movie or a web series?
I am on the road of establishing myself as an actor, hence craving for more work.
- Tell us one thing about Punjabis that you like most…
Being a Punjabi myself, how can I pick one thing?
- One place you visit in Punjab when you are over-worked?
My hometown — Dhuri.
- Which is your favourite Punjabi dish?
Makki di roti, sarson da saag with loads of makhan.
- Which other cuisine do you like?
- Which Punjabi film is close to your heart and why?
I would not say this movie is close to my heart, but Chan Pradesi is one of the most admired Punjabi films that featured some of the finest actors of India such as Om Puri, Amrish Puri and Raj Babbar.
- Can you cook Punjabi food?
Not extensively, but I do know how to make khichdi. My grandfather was a very good cook, but that quality I did not inherit.
- Your favourite Punjabi songs?
Sajna ve sajna by Gurdas Mann and Mera desh hove Punjab by Kulwinder Billa.
- Three prominent historical places you would recommend to your fans in Punjab?
Harmandir Sahib, Jallianwala Bagh and Sheesh Mahal
- How do you keep yourself fit these days?
I watch what I eat. This does not mean eating less, but instead watching the quality of food that I eat.
- Your upcoming projects?
My dream project
— Dharam Pal
Wants elaborate cold storage facilities for inoculation | Te...
Patel died of multi organ failure while being admitted to Me...
CM says may go in for stricter curbs | Makeshift hospitals t...
CM warns of strict action if protesters turn violent