Tribune News Service
Chandigarh/Mohali, March 26
Farmer unions blocked the Chandigarh-Ambala Highway on Friday morning, observing the 'Bharat Bandh'. Massive protests broke out at the McDonald point in Zirakpur.
Despite this, they also barred K-Area lights on Zirakpur-Panchkula road. Long queues of vehicles were witnessed here.
Farmers union have also blocked National Highways in the Mohali district. The Zirakpur-Patiala road was also blocked by the protesting farmers from the Airport light points since this morning.
Due to the Bharat Bandh, passengers in Chandigarh face an inconvenience as the Kalka-New Delhi Shatabdi Express stopped at Chandigarh Railway Station as the farmers blocked the railway traffic during the nationwide 'Bharat Bandh', called by the Samyukt Kisan Morcha.
- 'Don't stop sick, commuters, milkmen', advises BKU chief as farmers' block Delhi-Chandigarh National Highway
- Bharat Bandh: Protests evoke good response in Punjab, Haryana
- Bharat Bandh: Traffic movement suspended on Ghazipur border
- 'Bharat Bandh': Minimal impact in Delhi; metro, road transport, markets unaffected
- In Amritsar, farmers protest bare-chested; roads, railways blocked around 165 places in Punjab
Meanwhile, the strike will be observed from 6 am to 6 pm.
Phase 7, 3B2, Phase 11 in Mohali wore a deserted look. Shopkeepers were spotted waiting outside their shops in Zirakpur, hoping the markets open till 10am.
Daily positivity rate in last 12 days has doubled from 8 pc ...
CM writes to PM Modi, seeks adequate beds and supply of oxyg...
Currently, Covishield and Covaxin vaccines are being given i...
Demands flexibility for states to define frontline workers b...