Tribune News Service
Chandigarh, February 19
In a move that will benefit thousands of residents, the Punjab Cabinet on Friday approved implementation of Mission Lal Lakir in all villages across the state.
As no record of rights is available for such properties within the lal lakir, the same cannot currently be monetised as per real value of the property and no mortgages, etc, can be created on such properties. There are households which do not own property other than in the areas within the lal lakir and are thus at a disadvantage when it comes to monetising or realising the real value of the property.
Under the mission, the right of record of properties within the lal lakir in the villages of the state will be prepared with the cooperation of the Government of India under the SVAMITVA Scheme. This will enable mapping the land, households, habitation and all other areas falling within the lal lakir.
The SVAMITVA Scheme was handled by the Rural Development and Panchayats Department, but on the directives of the CM, it will now be transferred to the Revenue and Rehabilitation Department.
In another significant decision, the Cabinet gave approval to ‘The Punjab (Welfare and Settlement of Landless, Marginal and Small Occupant Farmers) Allotment of State Government Land Rules, 2021’ in order to make allotment of encroached lands to unauthorised small and marginal farmers on the basis of a rational criteria by sale of land at a predetermined price. This will ensure a fair balance for the occupants who have been in possession since long, and for the government to get its due revenue in respect of the unauthorised occupation and also settle long-pending litigation.
The new rules will provide a mechanism for the receipt and process of the applications to be received under the Act. The eligible person under the Act will apply to the allotment commissioner, who will issue an allotment letter after seeking a report from the patwari with due diligence. The allotment letter will be issued on the payment of 25 per cent of the total allotment price and the rest of the 75 per cent payment will have to be paid in lumpsum or in six equated instalments.
In case of default in payment of 25 per cent of the allotment price, the letter will not be issued and the allotment will be revoked. In case of default in payment of the instalments as per the allotment letter, the payment will be allowed to be made along with 6 per cent interest on delayed payment within three months of the final payment due. After the payment of the entire sum, the deed will be registered in the name of the farmer.
The Cabinet also approved the administrative report of the Industries and Commerce Department for the year 2017-18.
Promotional quota for clerical staff
Conceding a long-pending demand of the clerical cadre of the School Education Department, the Cabinet agreed to amend rules providing 1% promotional quota to clerical staff
Bill to set up Amity varsity in Mohali
The state government has said it would table a Bill in the Budget session to establish private self-financed Amity University, which is set to become functional at IT City, Mohali, from this year
Policy to facilitate news web channels
Considering the emergence of social media as a powerful medium, the Cabinet cleared the news web channel policy to allow empanelment of news web channels and issue advertisements to these
Speedy clearance to new industrial projects
The Punjab Bureau of Investment Promotion Act, 2016, will be amended for incorporating provisions for automated deemed approval of regulatory clearances to facilitate industrial projects.
The poll panel has convened a press conference at 4.30 pm
Kaur was arrested in Haryana's Sonipat on January 12, had ma...
Drama was over Governor’s speech, which he abruptly ended, s...
There has been a surge of admitted patients from 30 to 57 ov...
The train was stopped at the Dagru railway station after it ...