Tribune News Service
Mohali, August 21
In fresh trouble for former DGP Sumedh Singh Saini, a local court today allowed the Punjab Police to add murder charge against him in connection with the abduction and disappearance of former CITCO employee Balwant Singh Multani.
With Judicial Magistrate Rasveen Kaur issuing orders for including Section 302, IPC, in the previous FIR filed against Saini, the former DGP is likely to be arrested within the next three days. This follows adjuration made in court by two former UT police officials, Inspector Jagir Singh and ASI Kuldeep Singh, who have turned approvers.
Damning claims in Multani case
- Two ex-cops, who turned approvers recently, gave
- evidence against Saini in court and sought addition of Section 302 to the FIR
- They claimed to have witnessed Multani’s torture in police custody. They were
- later told the CITCO ex-staffer had gone missing
- They were allegedly asked to declare Multani as ‘missing’ and an absconder on the then DGP’s orders, they told the court
A special investigation team headed by SP Harmandeep Singh Hans will now proceed to arrest Saini and other co-accused by Monday as the police will have to show the arrest in court after three days. The SIT has issued summons to Saini after adding Section 302 to the FIR.
Special public prosecutor Sartej S Narula said they had enough proof against Saini.
Cites US, Brazil, Europe where the disease resurged after di...
Capt appeals to farmers to lift their 'rail roko' protests
Says will follow ascribed protocol for legislations passed b...
UNHCR had expressed concern over use of FCRA to narrow space...
India has sought to woo Taiwanese companies while maintainin...