Tribune News Service
Chandigarh, March 8
Punjab Finance Minister Manpreet Singh Badal on Monday presented the state budget for the financial year 2021-22 in the state assembly.
For the agriculture sector, Badal announced the following schemes:
Govt to waive farm loans, provide power subsidy
- The government will waive Rs 1,186 crore of 1.13 lakh farmers and Rs 526 crore of landless farmers in the next phase, under the crop loan waiver scheme in 2021-22, as per the budget speech.
- Rs 7,180 crore to go as free power subsidy for farmers
Also read: Punjab Budget: Old-age pension increased to Rs 1,500; free travel for women in govt buses
New umbrella programme 'Kamyaab Kisan Khushaal Punjab' launched
- Under new scheme, a centre of excellence for vegetables to be set up at Fazilka; a post-graduate institute of horticulture research to be set up at Amritsar; mobile vending carts to be provided to farmers.
- Under this scheme, Rs 3,780 crore to be spent in the next three years and Rs 1,104 crore allocated for 2021-22.
Agri schemes to mitigate risk of horticulture farmers, crop diversification
- To mitigate the risk of horticulture farmers, two schemes announced for fixing a base price for horticulture crops and payment of deficiency price as compensation
- Special emphasis on horticulture as Rs 361 crore allocated for 2021-22
29 new schemes for improving canal systems
Rs 897 crore proposed for strengthening the canal irrigation system
- Agricultural Marketing Innovation Research and Intelligence Centre announced at Mohali
- Rs 200 crore set aside by for crop diversification
- Agriculture Development Bureaus to be set up in each district
- A new scheme launched for monitoring water quality for arsenic affected villages
Punjab Budget: Govt to set up 2 new medical colleges, 8 maternal and child health wings
Punjab Budget: Free bus travel for govt college students; Rs 100 cr allotted for smartphones for class 12 students
It has also asked the states and UTs to ensure that there sh...
Supplies sent but won’t last beyond a day in most hospitals
The inoculation process and documents to be submitted to get...
Opposition leaders have been critical of the BJP for the big...
No public meeting having more than 500 people to be allowed