Compuquiz — 76
1. A UNIX-like operating system that comes with source code that can be copied, modified, and redistributed is called what?
2. This is an interpreted, object-oriented programming language similar to Perl, that is known for its clear syntax and readability. What is it called?
3. This standard unit of material quantity is the number of atoms in precisely twelve thousandths of a kilogram of C-12, the most common naturally-occurring isotope of the element carbon. Name it.
4. In voice recognition, this is a speaker whose voice is easily recognized by the system. Name it.
5. Name the program that searches through selected files, databases, or search engine indexes for information that meets specified search criteria.
6. An algorithm that allows a source computer to slow the timing of its transmissions down to a level that is acceptable to the destination computer is commonaly called what?
7. This is a program that visits Web sites and reads their pages and other information in order to create entries for a search engine index. Which is it?
8. This is a magnetic tape and drive system used for computer data storage and archiving. Name it.
9. This is an encryption algorithm that uses block ciphering and a single key. Name it.
10. This is a name for someone who intentionally causes a denial of service attack by sending more traffic to a network address than the programmers who planned its data buffers anticipated might be sent. What is it?
Answers to Compuquiz 74
5.Dynamic Link Library (DLL)
The following are the winners of Compuquiz 74
1.Harjit Kaur, Ludhiana
2.Vipan Kulsa, Bathinda
3.T. Srinivasan, New Delhi
1.The readers who submit correct answers will be awarded the following cash prizes by The Tribune: First prize Rs 1,000, second prize Rs 750, third prize Rs 500.
2. All entries must be accompanied with a clipping of this quiz.
3. Entries should be sent to Quizmaster, Log in....Tribune, The Tribune, Sector 29-C, Chandigarh latest by April 1, 2002.
4. In case of more than one correct entry, prizes will be decided by a draw of lots. The decision of the Quizmaster in this regard will be final.
5. The answers and result of Compuquiz-76 will be published in the issue of April 8, 2002.
6. Entries should be sent on plain paper preferably typed in double space or handwritten legibly in block letters.
7. All entries must carry the sender's
name, complete address and contact number.