Blame game over FIRs against erring realtors
Unlock Exclusive Insights with The Tribune Premium
Take your experience further with Premium access. Thought-provoking Opinions, Expert Analysis, In-depth Insights and other Member Only BenefitsRavinder Saini
Tribune News Service
Rohtak, August 27
Blame game over registration of FIRs in 25 cases pertaining to the carving out of unapproved colonies in the district is on between the office of District Town Planner (DTP) and the police.
The DTP office has sought information about FIR numbers of these cases by sending a reminder to the SP, while the police claim that the report was sent to the office after its registration.
The cases belong to illegal colonies that came up in Kheri Sadh, Chamarian, Bohar, Dobh, Sunaria Kalan, Rohtak city, Mayna, Baland, Kutana, Bahu Jamalpur, Garhi Bohar, Kanheli and Makrauli Kalan villages here.
“Registration of FIRs in these cases was recommended between October 2018 and February this year, but the police have not informed us about their status despite reminder. This clearly indicates that the FIRs had not been registered. The issue was also raised at the District Task Force’s meeting chaired by the DC last month,” said an official at the DTP office.
He said non-registration of FIRs not only encourages those involved in carving out illegal colonies but also discourages the DTP officials. The police never informed the office about the registration of FIRs and they had to procure the information on their own. Nine out of 25 cases fall under the Shivaji police station, five each under the Urban Estate and Sadar police station, three under the city police station and one each under the IMT, Bahu Akbarpur and Sampla police station,” he added.
Shivaji Colony police station SHO Balwant Singh said copies of the FIRs were sent to the DTP office immediately after their registration.
DSP Gorakh Pal said the DTP officials should have talked to any higher police officer if they were not getting information about the FIRs. Meanwhile, SP office claimed that 55 FIRs had so far been lodged this year in connection with illegal colonies.
Senior Town Planner Narendra Solanki said the SP had been requested through the DTP office to direct the SHO concerned to lodge FIRs in all 25 cases as it was a must to discourage the perpetrators.