TrendingVideosIndia
Opinions | CommentEditorialsThe MiddleLetters to the EditorReflections
UPSC | Exam ScheduleExam Mentor
State | Himachal PradeshPunjabJammu & KashmirHaryanaChhattisgarhMadhya PradeshRajasthanUttarakhandUttar Pradesh
City | ChandigarhAmritsarJalandharLudhianaDelhiPatialaBathindaShaharnama
World | ChinaUnited StatesPakistan
Diaspora
Features | The Tribune ScienceTime CapsuleSpectrumIn-DepthTravelFood
Business | My MoneyAutoZone
News Columns | Straight DriveCanada CallingLondon LetterKashmir AngleJammu JournalInside the CapitalHimachal CallingHill View
Don't Miss
Advertisement

Pre-wedding shoot held in non-functional operation theatre at government hospital

Unlock Exclusive Insights with The Tribune Premium

Take your experience further with Premium access. Thought-provoking Opinions, Expert Analysis, In-depth Insights and other Member Only Benefits
Yearly Premium ₹999 ₹349/Year
Yearly Premium $49 $24.99/Year
Advertisement

Chitradurga (Karnataka), February 10

Advertisement

The operation theatre of a government-run hospital in Chitradurga district, where a pre-wedding photoshoot was held by a contractual doctor, has been non-functional since September last year, health officials said on Saturday.

Advertisement

Also, the shoot was done without the knowledge of the Assistant Medical Officer (AMO) of the facility in the Bharamasagar area, they said.

The doctor, Abhishek, was dismissed from service on Friday after a video of the photoshoot went viral on social media, sparking a controversy. It was held on February 7.

“The woman who is seen assisting the doctor in the video is his fiancée, who is also a doctor by profession but does not work in the same government medical facility. The doctor, who was dismissed from service for his act, is a MBBS graduate and was recently hired on a contractual basis for a year,” a senior district health officer said.

Advertisement

As per the report submitted by the AMO, the photoshoot was done without his permission. “So, when the matter came to notice, we immediately dismissed him from service,” he added.

Taking to X, Karnataka Health Minister Dinesh Gundu Rao had on Friday said the doctor has been dismissed from service.

In the video, the doctor could be seen performing a “surgery” on a patient, while his partner is assisting him. At the end of the video, the man who acted as a patient on whom the surgery was being performed was seen sitting up “post-operation”. The video also showed people with cameras and lights present in the operation theatre for the pre-wedding shoot. The couple was dressed in scrubs and equipped with proper medical equipment for the shoot. 

Advertisement
Tags :
Karnataka
Show comments
Advertisement