5 Covid patients to be discharged in Maha
Unlock Exclusive Insights with The Tribune Premium
Take your experience further with Premium access. Thought-provoking Opinions, Expert Analysis, In-depth Insights and other Member Only BenefitsTribune News Service
Mumbai, March 20
Five patients who had earlier tested positive for Covid-19 would be discharged from hospital after fresh tests conducted on them came out negative, Maharashtra’s Health Minister
Rajesh Tope said.
The minister said these patients would, however, have to quarantine themselves at home for the next 14 days as a precautionary measure.
The good news came even as three new cases of coronavirus infection came to light in the state today. Tope said there were 52 cases of people testing positive for Covid-19 in the state, including the five, who have recovered. The new cases have been reported from Mumbai,
Pune, and Pimpri-Chinchwad.
According to the minister, there were 1,036 people admitted to isolation facilities across Maharashtra. Of them, 971, including those with travel history to Covid-hit countries, have tested negative for the virus even after showing some symptoms, the minister said. Tests of a few people are yet to be completed, he added.
Meanwhile, the Maharashtra government is increasing the number of testing centres to 12 from the existing six by next week. In all 2,300 samples will be examined every day.