TrendingVideosIndia
Opinions | CommentEditorialsThe MiddleLetters to the EditorReflections
UPSC | Exam ScheduleExam Mentor
State | Himachal PradeshPunjabJammu & KashmirHaryanaChhattisgarhMadhya PradeshRajasthanUttarakhandUttar Pradesh
City | ChandigarhAmritsarJalandharLudhianaDelhiPatialaBathindaShaharnama
World | ChinaUnited StatesPakistan
Diaspora
Features | The Tribune ScienceTime CapsuleSpectrumIn-DepthTravelFood
Business | My MoneyAutoZone
News Columns | Straight DriveCanada CallingLondon LetterKashmir AngleJammu JournalInside the CapitalHimachal CallingHill View
Don't Miss
Advertisement

US Secretary of State Marco Rubio meets Israeli hostage families, vows full support for Gaza deal

Unlock Exclusive Insights with The Tribune Premium

Take your experience further with Premium access. Thought-provoking Opinions, Expert Analysis, In-depth Insights and other Member Only Benefits
Yearly Premium ₹999 ₹349/Year
Yearly Premium $49 $24.99/Year
Advertisement

Washington, DC [US], June 28 (ANI): US Secretary of State Marco Rubio held his first official meeting with relatives of Israeli hostages held by Hamas in Gaza, affirming America's commitment to Israel and stressing that true victory in Gaza will come only when all hostages return home, The Jerusalem Post reported.

Advertisement

According to a statement from the Hostages Families Forum Headquarters, the meeting in Washington, DC on Thursday included family members of current and former captives.

Advertisement

The families told Rubio this was a critical window of opportunity to bring back all 50 remaining hostages through one comprehensive deal, rejecting phased or partial agreements.

They also expressed their trust in the Trump administration to act swiftly and decisively. "We've waited long enough," they said. "It's time to make brave decisions and bring all our loved ones back--all at once," The Jerusalem Post reported.

Earlier this week, hostage families rallied in Washington, urging US President Donald Trump to broker another release deal, following what they described as his successful role in the recent Iran-Israel ceasefire. Trump later said he believed a Gaza ceasefire could be reached by next week.

Advertisement

Speaking at an Oval Office event marking a Congo-Rwanda accord, he noted he had spoken to several individuals involved in the process.

An estimated 50 hostages remain in Hamas captivity following the October 7, 2023 abductions. While roughly 250 people were originally taken, many have since been released under past ceasefire agreements or rescued by Israeli forces, The Jerusalem Post reported. (ANI)

(The story has come from a syndicated feed and has not been edited by the Tribune Staff.)

Advertisement
Tags :
captivityceasefireDealdiplomacyfamiliesGazaHamashostagesIsraelrescuerubioSupportTrumpUrgencyWashington
Show comments
Advertisement