Tribune News Service
Amritsar, February 16
A 10-year-old boy, identified as Suraj, was electrocuted while riding a cycle on the rooftop of the house at Sri Harkrishan Nagar in Chheharta here on Sunday.
His mother Rashmi Devi, who was working nearby, was injured in the incident.
According to information, high-voltage wires pass at a height of eight feet from the rooftop and a blast took place the victim was electrocuted. The lintels of two roofs were damaged in the blast.
After getting information, the police reached the spot and initiated a probe into the incident. The police said the reason behind the incident was yet to be ascertained. Besides, the police have asked Powercom officials to cooperate in the investigation.
The victim’s mother told the police that her husband Chanderpal, who was a labourer, had gone to work and Suraj was riding a cycle on the rooftop. Rashmi said she was doing some work on the roof and suddenly heard the sound of a blast. She said at the same time, his son got electrocuted.
The comments by the Foreign Ministry spokesman come in the b...
The issue sparked a major controversy and an official spokes...
Ashish Jha tells Rahul Gandhi that Covid-19 is not the last ...
Vishal had lost all hope of finding his family
Mohali has two active cases