Electronics goods gutted in fire in Amritsar

Electronics goods gutted in fire in Amritsar

Firefighters on job to douse flames at an electronics showroom that caught fire in Amritsar on Monday. Vishal Kumar

Tribune News Service

Amritsar, May 23

An electronics goods shop on Majitha Road was gutted in fire early this morning. Short circuit was stated to be the reason behind the incident. Area residents said the fire started around 6 am, when a hoarding fell on the electricity supply line in the 27-feet road in the area.

Shop owner Jasbir Singh said he was woken up by neighbours, who told him that his shop had caught fire. He said the fire started on the second floor. He said when the hoarding fell on the electricity wires running parallel to the windows of the first floor, the sparks might have caused the fire.

Jasbir said electronics items, including air-conditioners and fridge among other things, were damaged in the incident. Fire Officer Jag Mohan said: “We received a call at 6:39 am. Immediately, fire tenders were dispatched for the place.” He said three fire tenders reached the place and controlled the blaze before it could spread to other buildings or floors of the same building.

Tribune Shorts


Top News

Amid Maharashtra crisis, Uddhav chairs Shiv Sena's national executive meet; all eyes on action against rebels

Rebel Maharashtra ministers to lose their posts ‘in 24 hours’: Sena MP Sanjay Raut

Earlier in the day, the party’s national executive authorise...

Gujarat ATS detains activist Teesta Setalvad from Mumbai day after SC upholds SIT clean chit to PM Modi

Gujarat ATS detains activist Teesta Setalvad from Mumbai day after SC upholds SIT clean chit to PM Modi

Setalvad’s NGO had supported Zakia Jafri throughout her lega...

Cities

View All