DT
PT
Subscribe To Print Edition About The Tribune Code Of Ethics Download App Advertise with us Classifieds
search-icon-img
search-icon-img
Advertisement

3 held for opening fire in Mullanpur

  • fb
  • twitter
  • whatsapp
  • whatsapp
featured-img featured-img
The accused inpolice custody in Mohali. A Tribune photograph
Advertisement

Tribune News Service

Advertisement

Mohali, August 30

Advertisement

The Mohali police nabbed three persons for attacking and opening fire at some persons at Mullanpur, here. The incident took place on Saturday.

The accused identified as Lavkesh Singh alias Lucky, Baljit Singh alias Gullu and Harminder Singh alias Motu have attacked Satwinder Singh, his brother Sukhwinder Singh and their acquaintance Vikas, the polices said.

Advertisement

Sukhwinder sustained some injuries in the attack while the rest escaped unhurt.

The police recovered a .315 bore countrymade pistol, along with two live cartridges, from the accused’s possession.

The police said the victims were travelling in a car when the accused, along with their other accomplices, intercepted them near Shingariwala village in Mullanpur on August 27 and opened fire at the victims.

A case under Sections 341, 336, 323, 506, 427, 148 and 149 of the Indian Penal Code(IPC) and Sections 25, 54 and 59 of the Arms Act had been registered against the accused, Baljit of Takipur and Harminder and other persons. Raids were on to nab the other accused in the case, the polices said.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
tlbr_img1 Classifieds tlbr_img2 Videos tlbr_img3 Premium tlbr_img4 E-Paper tlbr_img5 Shorts