Tribune News Service
New Delhi, March 23
In a bizarre incident, two girls, aged two and three, sustained severe burns injuries after the car they were playing in suddenly caught fire in the Sultanpuri area, outer Delhi, said a police official.
The girls, who are cousins, used to play in the car daily. The incident happened when their grandmother was inside the house while their parents were away.
“No foul play is suspected as the car was parked in the premises of their house. It is suspected that the fire was due to short-circuit in the wiring system below the steering wheel. The forensic team is examining the vehicle,” said to a senior police official.
Their grandmother, somehow, couldn't hear their cries for help and it was only after she saw flames coming from the car, that she raised an alarm, said the official.
The girls have sustained 50 per cent burns injuries.
Most Read In 24 Hours
Don't MissView All
The ordinance Rahul Gandhi trashed could have saved him
Congress leader has been trapped in the consequences of the ...
Centre hikes DA by 4 per cent for central govt employees
About 47.58 lakh government employees and 69.76 lakh pension...
Rahul Gandhi disqualified as Lok Sabha MP; Congress vows to fight legally, politically
LS secretariat has sent notification to EC to declare Wayana...
Opposition holds protest march alleging 'democracy in danger'; seeks JPC probe into Adani issue
Prominent leaders stopped by police and detained at Vijay Ch...
Mere membership of an unlawful association sufficient to constitute offence under UAPA, rules Supreme Court
Overrules a 2011 verdict by a two-judge Bench