Tribune News Service
New Delhi, March 23
In a bizarre incident, two girls, aged two and three, sustained severe burns injuries after the car they were playing in suddenly caught fire in the Sultanpuri area, outer Delhi, said a police official.
The girls, who are cousins, used to play in the car daily. The incident happened when their grandmother was inside the house while their parents were away.
“No foul play is suspected as the car was parked in the premises of their house. It is suspected that the fire was due to short-circuit in the wiring system below the steering wheel. The forensic team is examining the vehicle,” said to a senior police official.
Their grandmother, somehow, couldn't hear their cries for help and it was only after she saw flames coming from the car, that she raised an alarm, said the official.
The girls have sustained 50 per cent burns injuries.
Chanu attempted 84kg in her first snatch attempt.
Chanu ends India's 21-year wait for a weightlifting medal at...
On Friday, the CISCE had said that they would declare the re...