Mohali, September 1
A bus, which had not been put to use for the past about one year, caught fire near Gurdwara Singh Shaheedan here today.
Sub Fire Officer Mohan Lal Verma said the fire brigade had received a call around 5 pm from Sumit Goyal, a resident of the area, that a bus parked at a petrol pump had caught fire. Two fire tenders were pressed into service. It took more than half an hour to douse the flames.
The Sub Fire Officer said that it was suspected that someone must have entered the bus and probably left a burning bidi (a type of cheap cigarette) inside the vehicle. He said the fire broke out from the inside as the tyres and other exteriors were all right. The inside of the bus was badly damaged.
Most Read In 24 Hours
Don't MissView All
Wrestlers suspend stir till June 15 as govt sets deadline for chargesheet, WFI poll
Bajrang, Sakshi meet Sports Minister | Get assurance on all ...
Germany, India sign deal for 6 submarines
Global leader TKMS to offer tech, Mazagon Dock to manufactur...
Month on, no trace of youth ‘kidnapped’ by travel agents
7 of 9 accused on run; Losing hope, say kin