Tribune News Service
Solan, February 10
The Sirmaur district administration has initiated a campaign to ensure that all persons acquire the basic computer literacy.
With the 87 per cent literacy rate, the district administration aims to provide computer literacy to all educated people while the remaining 13 per cent will be taught the use of smart phones through 350 Lok Mitra Kendras.
“Starting from the home front, the field staff of the Revenue Department comprising patwaris and kanungos are being trained in a phased manner so that they can take e-governance to the doorsteps of the people,” said Lalit Jain, Deputy Commissioner, Sirmaur.
The administration aims to achieve the target by the end of this year. In order to keep the training simple and ensure its approachability, it is being imparted at the Lok Mitra Kendras under the Prime Minister’s National Digital Literacy Mission.
This mission is supposed to make a person IT literate, so that he can operate digital devices like mobile phones, tablets, etc, send and receive e-mails and search Internet for information. At a higher level, a person will also be trained to effectively access various e-governance services being offered by the government and other agencies.
A Lok Mitra Kendra will earn Rs 300 for training each person through a specially devised curriculum. The enrolment as well as training is free of cost. The district has trained 8,000 persons and another 12,000 are undergoing training. A provision to provide digital literacy on a mass level by holding community chopals in the far-flung areas has also been provided where panchayat representatives have been asked to mobilise the rural folks for this drive.
The course comprises 20 hours of teaching includes basic knowledge of word, e-mail and multimedia training. At the end of the course, the applicant is required to compose and send an e-mail which will qualify him for being digitally literate.
A certificate of training is also issued to the applicant after the successful completion of his training. The DC said the district would now train women from all self-help groups. It will help them in their daily banking and other activities. There are nearly 1,400 SHGs registered in the district and each group comprised eight to 25 women.
Toll rises to 18,655 with 442 new deaths
The PM was addressing the Dhamma Chakra Day event here
Gandhi also shared a media report which showed some Ladakhis...
Rajendra Pratap Singh is a four-time MLA from Patti in Prata...