Our Sports Correspondent
Ludhiana, April 27
Seeded players faced little resistance from their respective opponents before moving to the next round on the opening day of the 3rd DD Khosla Memorial Ludhiana District Chess Championship that began at Lakewood School, Pakhowal Road, here on Saturday.
Around 180 participants (boys and girls) are taking part in this two-day championship, in which competition in seven categories — U-7, U-9, U-11, U-13, U-15, U-17 and U-19— will be held.
Anmol Singh, chairman, Lakewood School, declared the championship open. Principal Sunita Babu along with office-bearers of the Ludhiana District Chess Association, namely Vikas Sharma, IK Kalia besides arbiters Varun Kumar and Sanjiv Sharma were among others present on the occasion.
Players leading after three rounds:
- Boys (U-7): Adharv Gupta, and Abhirvey Ghai
- Girls (U-7): Soumya, Sirjan Kaur and Hiranya Sharma
- Boys (U-9): Armaan Gupta, Pranav Bansal, Jahaan Goel, Hitesh Singla Pranav Chuneja and Suryansh Jain
- Girls (U-9): Asmi Dhand and Aadishree Dada
- Boys (U-11): Rishi Sagar and Kartik Kapoor
- Girls (U-11): Prisha Sehgal, Gursharan Kaur and Piya
- Boys U-13): Sukhmani, Ansh Anand, Divyansh Mittal and Tanush Jindal
- Girls (U-13): Bhumika Saini, Laskhita and Kashvi Dhand
- Boys (U-15): Parmarth, Abhijit Singh, Sourav Singh and Prabhnoor
- Girls (U-15): Mansavi, Kunjal, Chehak and Teya
- Boys (U-17): Piyush Poyal, Vineet
- Girls (U-17): Kovida
- Boys (U-19): Mumukshu, Tanveer and Anuj Bansal
- Girls (U-19): Nandani Kaura, Deepti and Priyanka
It is set to make a landfall at Alibaug in Raigad district i...
Indicative of 'above normal' sea surface temperatures in Ind...
Tally rises to 2,07,615, India records 217 more deaths
The incident was reported from the fringe areas of the Silen...
They are linked to Jaish-e-Mohammad