Langar for victims
- As God’s own country reels under its worst flood in nearly a century, Sikh volunteers from the Khalsa Aid International have come to rescue of the flood victims
- The organisation is providing help in terms of food, medicines and drinking water supplies. Volunteers have set up langars to provide food to those stranded in the rains
Special water trains on way to southern state
- The Railways has issued a set of guidelines allowing all government organisations and private bodies to transport relief material to flood-ravaged Kerala for free
- The South Eastern Railway will run two special trains from Ernakulam to Santragachi/Howrah to evacuate stranded people
- The Central and Western Railway have sent two special trains carrying 14 lakh litres and 9 lakh litres of drinking water to the southern state.
- J&K Rs 2 crore
- Bengal Rs 10 crore
- Rajasthan Rs 10 crore
- Karnataka Rs 10 crore
- Odisha Rs 10 crore
- Telangana Rs 25 crore
- Qatar Rs 35 crore
Free data, SMS
All telecom operators will offer free data and SMS facility. Mobile towers called ‘Cellular on Wheels’ are also being deployed to ensure that no block remains unconnected
- Food packets 3,00,000
- Life jackets 6,900
- Life buoys 3,000
- Raincoats 2,100
- Gumboots 1,300
- Tower lights 167
Kin of those who died of Covid will have to apply for compen...
Certain assurances have been given on resolving the issue: F...
Promises resumption of vax export, says supply chains for va...
Will pit a strong candidate against PPCC president in 2022 A...
Says no to Centre’s request to allow women in NDA exam from ...