- Manushi Chillar on Saturday won the coveted Miss World 2017 title in China, ending 16 years of drought for India at the international pageant. Priyanka Chopra was the last winner from India in 2000.
- Chillar, 21, looked emotional as the crown was placed on her head by Miss World 2016 Puerto Rico’s Stephanie Del Valle.
- Manushi competed against 108 contestants from various countries. Miss Mexico Andrea Meza was the first runner-up, and Miss England Stephanie Hill the second runner-up at the event held at Sanya in China.
- Manushi Chillar, born to doctor parents from Haryana, studied at St Thomas School in Delhi and Bhagat Phool Singh Government Medical College for Women in Sonepat. Apart from the title, Chillar also won the Beauty with Purpose Award.
- Chillar had earlier this year won the Femina Miss India 2017.
US President conveys desire to expand the grouping to includ...
Recovery rate improves to 48.07 pc; fatality rate 2.8 pc aga...
Was addressing the CII annual session
Manu Sharma has been released on the grounds of good conduct...
Party president JP Nadda appoints Gupta to the post