Mohali, December 9
The NIA today sought the production warrant of four accused involved in the bomb blast at Pandori Kalan village in Tarn Taran district on September 5.
NIA senior public prosecutor Surinder Singh today filed an application in the Special NIA court here seeking the production warrant of four accused, including Gurjant Singh Massa Singh, Amritpal Singh and Harjit Singh, for reinvestigating them. The court had now issued the production warrant of the accused for December 16.
Defense cousel Ranjodh Singh said the court had issued directions for examining the eyes of Gurjant by expert doctors at Guru Nanak Super Speciality Hospital in Amritsar. He said after the blast, Gurjant Singh had lost his eyesight. He said earlier on October 30, the court had issued orders to jail superintendent in this regard, but the jail administration had failed submit the status of medical treatment being provided to the accused. He said now the court had issued directions for getting Gurjant Singh’s eyes examined within two days at the hospital and submit the medical report in the court by December 13.
Even after 90 days, the NIA failed to file the chargesheet against the accused. Today senior public prosecutor Surinder Singh sought three months more. The court has issued summons to the defence counsel to file its reply by December 13. — TNS
Only 50% seating permitted at a time in restaurants
Gaming arcades, children play areas also to remain closed
Found illegally living in mosques, religious seminaries: Gov...
India is seventh among worst-hit nations by COVID-19
The two countries have decided to elevate bilateral Strategi...