Tribune News Service
Bathinda, April 29
A major fire broke out at Mahindra Company’s car showroom located on Mansa road in Bathinda early on Thursday morning. In the initial probe, the reason behind the fire is said to be a short circuit.
Around 50 vehicles are learnt to have gutted in this incident. The damage caused by the fire is estimated to be in crores.
District fire officer Gurmail Singh said it took 20 fire tenders three hours to control the blaze.
The incident took place at AVC Motors at Harbans Nagar at 5.30 am. Eyewitnesses saw the smoke and a huge flame coming out of the showroom and informed the fire bridge and police.
Canal police station SHO Ganeshwar Kumar said a short circuit sparked the fire.
“Besides new cars, vehicles parked in the service area were also burnt. However, there was no casualty,” he said.
Kumar said all members of the family that owned the showroom are undergoing Covid treatment at a private hospital in Bathinda city.
MHA asks UP, Bihar to take action to immediately check the t...
Two FIRs were registered in Central part of the city and fou...
A third cop was wounded in the incident
India in a day recorded 3,26,098 Covid-19 cases that took th...
Upset over dera culture in Punjab, Vedanti had issued ‘hukum...