Tribune News Service
Chandigarh, September 19
Chandigarh reports six deaths and 290 fresh COVID-19 cases on Saturday, taking the Union Territory's death total to 116.
The coronavirus tally stands at 9,796.
The city records 2,911 active cases.
1. A 30-year-old man—a resident of Manimajra—died. He suffered a cardiopulmonary arrest at GMCH-32.
2. A 40-year-old man—a resident of Sector 52—succumbed to the deadly disease.
3. A 47-year-old man—a resident of Daddu Majra—died of the virus. He suffered from Chronic Kidney Disease, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus and Hypertension.
4. A 54-year-old man—a resident of Mauli Jagran—died due to a cardiac arrest after testing COVID positive, has expired due to cardiac arrest at GMSH-16.
5. A 58-year-old man—a resident of Mauli Jagran— died at GMSH-16. He suffered from diabetes.
6.A 60-year-old woman—a resident of Sector 26— died at PGIMER. He had diabetes.
About 351 patients have been discharged. These also include people under home isolation who have completed 10 days and are asymptomatic, as per MoHFW guidelines.
Permits all OCI and PIO card holders and all other foreign n...
Health state subject, it is for state govts to decide if the...
In a strongly-worded letter, IT Secretary Ajay Sawhney has w...
Paddy procured from outside state at low cost being allegedl...
He said the members of opposition were shocked to see how th...