Tribune News Service
Chandigarh, July 1
Chandigarh Administration said on Wednesday that the odd-even policy for opening of shops in some designated markets will no longer apply -- a development that comes as the country slowly eases restrictions imposed in March to stop the spread of coronavirus.
Chandigarh Administration's Unlock 2.0 guidelines issued on Wednesday follows a similar pattern as the Central government's guidelines issued two days ago, although with a few additions.
Inter-state bus services will remain suspended, say the new guidelines. Apni Mandi and organic markets will remain closed until further orders.
The odd-even policy for shopkeepers and street vendors has been discontinued, stated a press release issued by the Chandigarh administration.
“There will be complete ban on social/political/sports/entertainment/academic/cultural/religious functions and other large congregations, as per the Government of India’s guidelines,” the release added.
Cinema halls, gymnasiums, swimming pools, entertainment parks, theatres, bars, spas, auditoriums, assembly halls and similar places will remain shut.
All shops and restaurants will be allowed to remain open from 10 am to 9 pm, it added.
Night shifts will be allowed in call Centres and industrial establishments provided employees do not come out of their work places during curfew hours from 10 pm to 5 am.
“There will be strict implementation of mask-wearing and social distancing in public places and any person violating the guidelines or directions will be penalised,” the release stated.
Here’s a list of what’s allowed and what’s not
- Odd-even system being followed in selected markets to be discontinued
- A maximum two persons allowed on a scooter/motorcycle. 4 persons in a car and 3 in an auto-rickshaw
- All shops/restaurants allowed to remain open from 10 am to 9 pm
- Call centres/industrial establishments allowed to operate in night shifts provided employees do not come out of work places during curfew period
- Permission needed from Excise Department to serve alcoholic drinks in weddings
- Apni Mandi and organic markets to remain closed
- Inter-state bus service to remain suspended
- Complete ban on religious functions and other congregations
- Cinema halls, gymnasiums, swimming pools, entertainment parks, theatres, bars, spas, auditoriums, assembly halls to remain shut
Parliamentary Affair Minister blames Centre for trying to 't...
'Some in our neighbourhood tried to carry out their misadven...
Public confidence in courts can’t be allowed to be impaired ...
Recent achievements of the ISRO have placed India as a front...
He was commissioned as a Pilot Officer in the Indian Air For...