Tribune News Service
Chandigarh, April 16
To restrict the movement of people, the UT Administration has imposed a weekend lockdown from 10 pm on Friday till 5 am on April 19 in the city. The decision was taken at a meeting chaired by UT Administrator VP Singh Badnore here today.
- Weekend lockdown hits normal life in Chandigarh
- Weekend lockdown will deal irreparable blow, reconsider move: Chandigarh traders
- New lockdown measures condemned
Expressing serious concern over the rising number of Covid-19 cases and related fatalities in the city, the Administrator directed that all shop owners must get their staff tested and display a signboard stating that their premises were Covid-free. Action would not only be taken against the shoppers found not wearing masks but also the shopkeepers who attend to such customers, he ordered.
Lockdown restrictions: No person shall leave home or move on foot or by vehicle or travel or stand or roam around on any road or public place
An order issued by District Magistrate Mandip Singh Brar stated that no person should leave their home or move on foot or by vehicle or travel or stand or roam around on any road or public places during the lockdown period.
All private offices will remain closed during the weekend lockdown. However, only industries manufacturing essential products such as masks, sanitisers and medicines can remain open.
Similarly, essential commodity shops and vendors dealing in food, groceries, fruits and vegetables, dairy products, meat and fish, animal fodder, pharmaceuticals and medical equipment shall be allowed to open for home delivery only.
There will be no curbs on interstate and intrastate movement of essential and non-essential goods and all vehicles or persons in bona fide transit (interstate/intrastate) will be allowed to pass, but only after due verification of the points of origin and destination.
During the weekend lockdown, restaurants, hotels and food joints/courts in malls can remain open only for home delivery till 9.30 pm. The restaurants and home delivery staff will be allowed to move on production of a valid ID card issued by their respective establishments.
However, all marriage functions, for which the permission was taken from the SDM concerned, will be allowed subject to the limit of 100 people for outdoor events or 50 for indoor events or 50 per cent of the total capacity of the venue, whichever is less.
All passes related to the Punjab and Haryana High Court and the District Courts shall be issued by the Registrar General of the High Court. Any breach of the order shall invite action under Section 188 of the IPC.
In view of a sharp increase in Covid-19 cases during the past few days, the UT Administration has imposed certain other restrictions which will remain in force till April 30. Now, all gymnasiums and spas will remain closed.
Similarly, all government offices will function with 50 per cent staff. However, all officers of
the level of Deputy Secretary, equivalent or above, shall attend office on a regular basis. Visitors will be allowed to meet officials only on prior appointment.
All private offices to remain closed
Sampark centres will be closed on Saturday. Online services will be available on www.sampark.chd.nic.in
Those issued special curfew pass
Those tasked with law and order, emergency and municipal services, police, military or paramilitary personnel in uniform, health, electricity, fire employees, mediapersons with accreditation and government machinery tasked with Covid-related duties (all on production of ID cards)
Marriage organisers or other persons seeking movement pass may contact on 0172-2700076 and 0172-2700341 or apply on www.admser.chd.nic.in.dpc for movement pass
- Essential commodity shops and vendors can operate for home delivery only
- Units manufacturing essential commodities
- Hospitals, chemist shops and ATMs allowed to remain open 24X7
- Pregnant women and patients for getting medical services
- Passengers going to or returning from airport, railway station or bus stand
- No curbs on interstate and intrastate movement of essential and non-essential goods. All vehicles or persons in bona fide transit will be allowed to pass
- Restaurants, hotels can remain open only for home delivery up to 9.30 pm
- Marriage functions for which permission has been taken subject to the limit of 100 people for outdoor events or 50 for indoor events or 50 per cent of the total capacity of the venue
- Those going to exam centres for appearing for examination or exam duty on production of admit or identity cards
- All vaccination centres, testing centres, dispensaries and medical facilities
Curbs that will be in place till April 30
- All gymnasiums & spas to stay shut
- Cinema halls to run with 50% capacity
- Government offices to function with 50% staff
- Visitors allowed to meet officials only on prior appointment
- Social, cultural, political and religious events banned
- Transport buses to run at 50% capacity
- Museums, libraries and coaching institutions to stay shut; online coaching permitted
Six separate vessels were adrift at Arabian Sea since Monday
Says attention has to be paid to rural and remote areas
COVAXIN trials on children to start in 10-12 days
They were granted bail on Monday, but the government subsequ...
SII hopes to start delivering to COVAX and other countries b...