Tribune News Service
Mohali, June 20
A massive fire broke out at a plastic factory in the Industrial Area, Phase IX, this evening. The incident could have turned into a major tragedy but for the timely removal of LPG cylinders lying at the unit.
No casualty was reported in the incident as all workers had left the factory, Accutex Sales and Services, situated at plot number 165, after finishing their work at 5 pm and the fire broke out at around 6 pm.
On receiving information, fire tenders were rushed to the site. The firemen managed to douse the flames in 30 minutes. Karam Chand Sood, Fire Officer, said they were able to save a factory official trapped in the fire. He said the exact cause of fire was yet to be ascertained. Preliminary investigation revealed that it occurred due to a short circuit, he added.
The fire officer said the fire spread very fast as there was inflammable material in the factory.
He said fire tenders reached the site soon and they were able to douse the flames, adding that they refilled the fire tenders with water from Bestech Mall and Swaraj Engines factory. It helped them douse the flames in 30 minutes, he said.
Sood said furniture and other items were completely damaged in the blaze.
The industrial unit is engaged in manufacturing and exporting industrial components, including chrome-plated bars, broaching tools, burnishing tools, ceramic-coated pulleys, dies and moulds, etc.
Notably, a major fire had broken out at a chemical unit in the Industrial Area, Phase VII, on March 15 last year, gutting the factory.
Don't MissView All
‘We have concerns about the price of oil but we are a USD 2,...
The voting on the motion of confidence will be held on Octob...
Setback for Uddhav Thackeray: Supreme Court allows EC to go ahead with hearing Shinde group's claim of being 'real' Shiv Sena
SC Bench ejected the plea of the Uddhav Thackeray-led factio...
Ashok Gehlot likely to stay Rajasthan CM; Pawan Bansal colle...