Tribune News Service
Chandigarh, April 6
A major fire broke out in an IELTS preparation institute in Sector 17, here on Monday afternoon.
According to fire officials, 'Touchstone' institute is situated on the third floor. The classroom and office items kept inside gutted in the fire.
The fire also travelled to adjacent showroom, where projector screens were kept. About six vehicles of the fire and emergency department were pressed into service. Short circuit is the prima facie cause of the incident.
"The fire has now been controlled. Due to curfew, the institute was closed, otherwise it would have caused more damage. We used to see such fires due to short circuit in night hours, but since everything is closed, such incidents are being reported in the day too," said a fire official.
Says will give befitting reply if anyone casts evil eye on c...
The Covid-19 case load increased to 6,04,641 while 434 peopl...
Pak PM's accusations result in US, Germany delaying Karachi ...
Wife and daughter had also tested Covid positive and are und...
10 fresh cases of coronavirus surface in Panchkula