Tribune News Service
Chandigarh, September 28
Now, ‘dilly-dallying’ work culture of the Estate Office will be a thing of the past. UT Administrator Banwarilal Purohit today launched a website and online services of the office in the presence of Mayor Ravi Kant Sharma and UT Adviser Dharam Pal.
“The vision behind this initiative was to make the Estate Office a technology-driven organisation that provides seamless services to the citizens through hassle-free and efficient processes,” said the Administrator.
The Estate Office has built a website - https://estateoffice.chd.gov.in/ that ecompasses all information about the services provided by the department, acts, rules, notifications etc.
“The Estate Office has been offering various property-related services. All services will be made online in a phased manner. In the first phase, five services were launched today,” said Mandip Singh Brar, Deputy Commissioner-cum-Estate Officer.
Now, all applications have been made online allowing the citizens to access information with a click of a button. The SMS service has been introduced to keep the applicant in the loop about the status of the work done, said the DC. In an attempt to simplify the processes, the department has decided to omit the irrelevant documents. Earlier the citizens had to submit separate affidavits for different points, but now, the affidavits have been clubbed with all relevant points, added the DC.
The absence of digitisation had led to a non-transparent system where the applications were delayed for months together. The citizen had no feedback system and the redressal system was weak. Owing to this lack of transparency, there were also allegations of corruption and various malpractices, stated Purohit. The Estate Office has also introduced electronic payment facility with the help of the State Bank of India.
- Transfer of ownership on the basis of registered sale/gift/ exchange/family transfer deed
- Transfer of lease rights on the basis of registered deed of transfer by way of sale gift/exchange/family transfer deed
- Grant of permission/NOC for transfer of lease rights by way of sale gift/exchange/family transfer deed
- Issuance of no-dues certificate
- Updated “know your property”
To go online by OCt 10
- Ownership/lease rights on the basis of interstate death
- Ownership/lease rights on the basis of unregistered will
- Transfer of ownership/lease rights on the basis of registered will
- Permission to mortgage (leasehold property)
- Ownership/lease rights on the basis of interstate death/ unregistered bill/registered bill/“decree/family settlement deed/probate of the will (after public notice)
By October 20
- Execution of deed of conveyance
- Execution of lease deed
- Execution of redemption deed
- Grant of extension in time limit for construction
- Issuance of allotment letter
- Revalidation of no-objection certificate
- Transfer of ownership on the basis of court decree/family settlement/probate of the will
- “Know your dues”
Soon, track files with a single click
The Estate Office will soon integrate all processes with Aadhaar so that all files can be tracked with a single click. We are also implementing auto-calculation of property charges. By October 20, all dues against the properties will be available at a click of the mouse. — Mandip Singh Brar, DC
Upgraded L70 anti-aircraft guns deployed in addition to exis...
Action follows in the wake of the Tribune expose about Nihan...
Top court wants SIT to record statements of more witnesses b...
Guidelines supersede those issued on the subject on and afte...