Tribune News Service
Chandigarh, September 30
After remaining closed for nearly seven months, cinema halls and multiplexes in the UT are set to reopen with up to 50 per cent seating capacity from October 15 under Unlock 5.0.
The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) today issued fresh guidelines for reopening of various activities such as schools and colleges and swimming pools for training purpose, only outside the containment zones. The new guidelines will come into effect from October 1.
The MHA has allowed cinemas, theatres and multiplexes to open with up to 50 per cent of their capacity, business-to-business (B2B) exhibitions, swimming pools for training purpose and entertainment parks from October 15. The ministry will issue standard operating procedures (SOPs) in this connection.
In the Unlock 5.0 guidelines, the UT has been given the flexibility to take a decision on reopening of schools and coaching institutions after October 15 in a graded manner. However, the decision is to be taken in consultation with the respective school/institution and subject to the SOPs prepared by the UT with health and safety precautions.
The Department of Higher Education (DHE) may take a decision on the timings of the opening of colleges/higher education institutions in consultation with the MHA, on the basis of an assessment of the situation. Online/distance learning shall continue to be a preferred mode of teaching and shall be encouraged.
UT Adviser Manoj Parida said they would implement the MHC guidelines for Unlock 5.0 in toto.
UT to decide on extending limit on gathering
Social, academic, sports, entertainment, cultural, religious and political functions besides other congregations have already been permitted with a ceiling of 100 persons. Now, the UT has been given the flexibility to permit such gatherings beyond the limit of 100 after October 15, but with a rider. In closed spaces, a maximum of 50 per cent of the hall capacity will be allowed, with a ceiling of 200 persons.
Reopening of Education Institutes
- The Centre has allowed the UT to decide on reopening schools and coaching institutions after October 15
- Online/distance learning shall continue to be the preferred mode of teaching
- Students may attend schools/institutions only with the written consent of parents
- Attendance cannot be enforced, and must depend entirely on parental consent
- Higher education institutions only for research scholars (PhD) and PG students in science and technology stream requiring lab/experimental works will be permitted to open from October 15
What is permitted from Oct 15
- Opening of cinemas/ theatres/multiplexes with up to 50 per cent seating capacity
- Business-to-business exhibitions
- Swimming pools for training of sportspersons
- Entertainment parks
Night halt at Panipat, 100 km from Delhi
While Singh slams Khattar for stopping farmers from moving t...
Haryana Police issue travel advisory
Centre treating farmers as ‘enemy of State’, alleges Harsimr...
Restoration of H-1B visas, GSP restoration high on Indian ag...