Chandigarh, June 9
From now on, all marriages performed according to the Sikh rituals in the city will be registered under the Anand Marriage Act, 1909, as the UT Administration has implemented the Chandigarh Anand Marriage Registration Rules, 2018.
The office of the Deputy Commissioner, in pursuance of a notification issued by the administration, has implemented the rules on March 15 for registration of marriages under Anand Marriage Act, 1909. Applicants can apply for registration of marriage under the Anand Marriage Act in offline mode after collecting the application form from the marriage branch (window No. 5), ground floor, Deputy Commissioner’s office, Sector 17, and submit their applications along with requisite documents.
- ID & age proof of groom, bride
- Certificate of marriage from gurdwara
- ID proof of two witnesses
- Photos of solemnisation of marriage, witnesses
- Affidavit for delay if registration done after 90 days
- Five passport-size photographs of married couple (joint)
- An online portal already in force for grant of marriage certificates to applicants applying under the Chandigarh Compulsory Marriage Registration Rules, 2012, will be modified to allow applicants applying under the Anand Marriage Act to avail themselves of services.
Most Read In 24 Hours
Don't MissView All
ED arrests AAP MP Sanjay Singh in Delhi Excise policy money laundering case; sparks political slugfest
Third top leader of AAP nabbed by a central agency in a year...
Release of water from Chungthang dam leads to sudden increas...
Bench led by Justice Sanjay Kishan Kaul directs Centre to fu...
Asian Games: Neeraj Chopra bags Gold, Kishore Jena silver in men’s javelin throw despite official blunders
Indian javelin star threw 88.88m, a season’s best, to clinch...
Agency alleged Kapoor received money for performing at the w...