Tribune News Service
Chandigarh, August 7
Three more coronavirus deaths took Chandigarh’s death toll to 23, the UT’s medical bulletin said on Friday.
All three victims were over 60. An 82-year-old man from Sector 7 who was diabetic died of a cardiac arrest at the Civil Hospital in Sector 48. He tested positive for coronavirus on July 24, and had been admitted to the Government Medical College and Hospital in Sector 32 with complaints of chest pain and breathing difficulty, and later had to be put on a ventilator.
The second case was a 62-year-old man from Sector 39 who was brought dead to the Government Multi-Speciality Hospital at Sector 16 on Thursday. He tested positive after his death.
The third case was a 77-year-old man from Sector 25 who also died at the Sector 48 hospital. He tested positive for COVID-19 on August 1 at GMCH-32. He was diabetic and had hypertension. The bulletin said he died of cardiac arrested on Friday afternoon.
Chandigarh also reported 47 new coronavirus cases that took the union territory’s tally to 1,374. The fifure also includes 11 people who tested positive in a rapid antigen test. Three of the new cases were over 65.
Seventeen of Friday’s cases were contacts of previously diagnosed cases---either family members of workplace contacts.
More than a quarter---about 530 cases---of the city's total COVID cases are still active.
Azad also demanded that the government brings a bill which s...
House Chairman Vekaiah Naidu also expressed concern at the d...
Advocates farmers’ cooperatives with equal stakeholders
RS deputy chairman Harivansh says his fast begins from Tuesd...
The suspended parliamentarians spent the night in the lawns ...