DT
PT
Subscribe To Print Edition About The Tribune Code Of Ethics Download App Advertise with us Classifieds
Add Tribune As Your Trusted Source
search-icon-img
search-icon-img
Advertisement

Minor among two shot dead

Man found with gunshot injuries | Boy gatecrashes wedding, killed

  • fb
  • twitter
  • whatsapp
  • whatsapp
featured-img featured-img
Police and forensic teams at the spot where a person was shot dead at Aya Nagar in New Delhi on Sunday. ANI
Advertisement

Two persons, including a 17-year-old boy, were shot dead in the city in the past 24 hours.

Advertisement

In the first incident, a 52-year-old man was shot dead in South Delhi’s Aya Nagar early on Sunday morning, the police said.

Advertisement

The police received information early in the morning about an injured person lying on the road. The police reached the spot and found him dead with gunshot injuries. The deceased has been identified as Rattan, a resident of Aya Nagar.

Advertisement

The body was shifted to a hospital for post-mortem examination and the area was cordoned off.

Officials said a murder case had been registered. Forensic teams examined the spot and collected evidence. Statements of nearby residents and witnesses, if any, are being recorded.

Advertisement

No arrests have been made so far in this regard. The police said the motive behind the crime was being determined. Further investigation is on in the case.

In another incident, a 17-year-old boy, who was living in a nearby slum, was shot dead by a CISF head constable after he trespassed into a wedding ceremony in Shahdara’s MS Park area and asked for food, the police said.

A bystander informed that police that a child had been shot near the Community Centre at the DDA Market. When the police reached the spot, they found the boy, a resident of New Modern Shahdara, with a gunshot injury.

The victim was taken to Hedgewar Hospital where doctors declared him dead on arrival.

During investigation, the police arrested the CISF head constable, who is currently posted in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh. A pistol was recovered from his possession.

The police said the accused was being questioned to establish the sequence of events.

As per the initial probe, the incident took place during an altercation between the boy and the head constable during the wedding function. Further legal proceedings are underway, the police said.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
tlbr_img1 Classifieds tlbr_img2 Videos tlbr_img3 Premium tlbr_img4 E-Paper tlbr_img5 Shorts