- What is the show all about?
Teri Laadli Main is based on a mute girl child Bitti, who longs for her father’s acceptance and strives to overcome hurdles that challenge her existence. We hope to change the mind-set in the heartland of India where people believe a family is only complete with the birth of a boy and not a girl.
- What’s your take on fiction shows like these?
Fiction is one such genre that entertains the viewers. I am looking forward to the audiences’ reactions. I am very positive about this show as it works on the line of thought— A family may give up on their daughter but a daughter will never give up on her family.
- You are playing a mother. What made you say yes to this character?
The topic of the serial is very sensitive. There is a strong message in this show. When I was offered this role, I immediately accepted it. I am happy to play a strong character on screen.
- The concept of the show is being compared to South Indian shows on the Star Network; what is your comment on the same?
Yes, there have been shows on Star Network around the same concept and they are doing extremely well, hence we wanted our Hindi speaking audience also to experience it.
- How are you managing things in the new normal?
It feels great to be back on the sets. Things have changed but the vibe has remained the same. There is a different kind of happiness that comes while facing the camera. Speaking in terms of safety, a lot of precautions have been taken.
- How is your experience working with your co-actors?
The entire cast and crew of the show is very supportive and fun to work with.
Tomar: Anything but repeal of laws
2.28 lakh vaccinated on Day 7