Tribune Web Desk
Chandigarh, March 6
Three days after, actor Taapsee Pannu on Saturday broke her silence on over alleged tax evasion I-T raids.
In three tweets, the actor wrote: 3 days of intense search of 3 things primarily 1. The keys of the “alleged” bungalow that I apparently own in Paris. Because summer holidays are around the corner.
2. The “alleged” receipt worth 5 crores to frame n keep for future pitching coz I’ve been refused that money before
- ‘Raided in 2013 too’: Nirmala Sitharaman on Taapsee Pannu, Anurag Kashyap I-T raids
- ‘You will always remain sasti’: Kangana Ranaut attacks Taapsee Pannu, calls Anurag Kashyap ‘ring master’
- ‘With all our love to all the haters,' says Anurag Kashyap as he resumes film shoot with Taapsee Pannu
3. My memory of 2013 raid that happened with me according to our honourable finance minister P.S- “not so sasti” anymore”
3 days of intense search of 3 things primarily— taapsee pannu (@taapsee) March 6, 2021
1. The keys of the “alleged” bungalow that I apparently own in Paris. Because summer holidays are around the corner
3. My memory of 2013 raid that happened with me according to our honourable finance minister 🙏🏼— taapsee pannu (@taapsee) March 6, 2021
P.S- “not so sasti” anymore 💁🏻♀️
Filmmaker Anurag Kashyap, too, was raided by the I-T department. Raids took place at many locations in Pune and Mumbai.
Sitharaman on Friday said the same people were raided in 2013 as well, but no issue was made out then as it is being done now. Refusing to comment on individual cases, she said it is in the national interest to know if some evasion is happening.
The searches targeting Pannu and Kashyap, known for their outspoken views on a range of issues, is part of a tax evasion probe against Phantom Films. They also covered Reliance Entertainment group CEO Shibhasish Sarkar and some executives of celebrity and talent management companies KWAN and Exceed, officials said.
The others searched included some employees of Phantom Films, which was dissolved in 2018, and its then promoters Kashyap, director-producer Vikramaditya Motwane, producer Vikas Bahl and producer-distributor Madhu Mantena.
Restrictions to remain in force till further orders
If approved, Sputnik V will be third COVID-19 vaccine to be ...
Action comes following her remarks against central forces an...
The national recovery rate has fallen below 90 per cent
Saffron party says all those advocating approval to Pfizer w...