DT
PT
Subscribe To Print Edition About The Tribune Code Of Ethics Download App Advertise with us Classifieds
search-icon-img
search-icon-img
Advertisement

2 end life by suicide in 18 days at Faridabad university

Condolence meeting will be held on Monday to pay homage to the deceased
  • fb
  • twitter
  • whatsapp
  • whatsapp
featured-img featured-img
Photo for representational purpose only. File photo
Advertisement

Another student of JC Bose University of Science and Technology, Faridabad has ended life by hanging himself from a fan on the campus. This is the second incident of suicide on the campus in only 18 days. The university suspended teaching today. A condolence meeting will be held on Monday to pay homage to the deceased student.

Advertisement

The police said a suicide note had been found on the first year student of BSc (life science), Daksh, who had blamed himself for ending his life. The 18-year-old deceased was a resident of SGM Nagar, Faridabad, and a native of Hisar. Daksh climbed to the sixth floor of Deendayal Upadhyay wing on the university campus at 3:00 pm on Thursday and hanged himself from a fan.

“A suicide note has been found in which it is clearly written that no one is responsible for his death. Daksh was not coming to college for the last one week. However, on Thursday, he came to college and ended his life," said Faridabad Police spokesperson Yashpal Singh.

Advertisement

On August 10, a third-year mechanical engineering student, Vanshika, also ended life by suicide in the University hostel room. Her family blamed a student from a neighbouring village for her suicide. The police have also taken the deceased's laptop and mobile phone and investigation is underway.

Two deaths by suicide in 18 days have raised questions at the university management. Sahil Kaushik, former secretary of the student council of the university, said the university was not focussing on the holistic development of students. “There is no student council for the past two years. Club activities also haven't been taking place for past some years. In such a situation, students are frustrated. The university management should take some steps soon for the betterment of students, said Kaushik.

Advertisement

Jitender Yadav, the spokesperson of the university, said the university had already planned an induction programme for its newly admitted students for the academic session 2025-26. For engineering courses, the induction programme is in progress till September 5.

“The university extends its deepest condolences to the family, friends and classmates of the deceased. The matter is under police investigation, and further details will be shared at an appropriate time”, he added.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
tlbr_img1 Classifieds tlbr_img2 Videos tlbr_img3 Premium tlbr_img4 E-Paper tlbr_img5 Shorts