Deputy Chief Minister Mukesh Agnihotri on Saturday reviewed the progress of restoration work on disaster-affected drinking water projects with officials of the Jal Shakti Department in district Kullu. He said Kullu has been among the worst-hit by the recent natural disasters, which have severely disrupted normal life.
Out of 708 water supply schemes in the district, as many as 506 were affected. The Deputy CM said officers and employees of the Jal Shakti Department are working round the clock to restore these schemes and provide relief to the people of the disaster-affected regions at the earliest.
So far, 432 schemes have been partially restored, while efforts to revive the remaining projects are continuing on a war footing. “The aim is to ensure normal water supply reaches every affected area at the earliest,” he said.
Agnihotri added that in this hour of crisis, the state government stands firmly with the people, taking all necessary steps to ensure that affected families do not face any kind of inconvenience.
Unlock Exclusive Insights with The Tribune Premium
Take your experience further with Premium access.
Thought-provoking Opinions, Expert Analysis, In-depth Insights and other Member Only Benefits
Already a Member? Sign In Now