Chopal’s tourism potential to be tapped: Jai Ram Thakur : The Tribune India

Chopal’s tourism potential to be tapped: Jai Ram Thakur

Chopal’s tourism potential to be tapped: Jai Ram Thakur

Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur being welcomed at Nerwa in the Chopal Assembly constituency on Wednesday. Tribune photo

Tribune News Service

Shimla, September 21

Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur today inaugurated and laid the foundation stone of 30 development projects worth about Rs 175 crore at Nerwa in the Chopal Assembly constituency of Shimla district.

He addressed a public meeting during the ‘Pragatisheel Himachal: Sathapna Ke 75 Varsh’ programme at Nerwa. He said that efforts would be made to harness the immense tourism potential of Chopal. He added that the state government had opened an SDM office and a degree college in the Kupvi area and upgraded Nerwa to a nagar panchayat. Several other important offices had been opened in the Chopal constituency.

Thakur said that welfare works done for people by the BJP government had upset opposition leaders, who were offering freebees. He urged the people of the state not to get carried away by the claims of the Opposition and wholeheartedly support the BJP in the forthcoming Assembly elections. Chopal MLA Balbir Verma said that developmental projects worth crores of rupees were being executed in the constituency.

The CM also virtually participated in a meeting regarding the execution of the Kishau Dam Project chaired by Gajendra Singh Shekhawat, Union Minister for Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation. He urged Shekhawat to expedite the case to avoid project cost escalation as Himachal and Uttarakhand had dealt with all issues related to relief and rehabilitation.

Thakur said that Uttarakhand and Himachal would equally share the power generated from the Kishau Dam Project, proposed to be built over the Tons river, a tributary of the Yamuna, along the borders of the two states. He urged the Union Minister to freeze the input power cost at Rs 2.30 per KWh in the formula to serve the purpose of keeping the power component cost low.

He said that the Centre would bear 90 per cent of the cost of the water component and the beneficiary state would foot the remaining 10 per cent.

#himachal tourism #jai ram thakur #Shimla #Tourism

Tribune Shorts


Top News

ED raids in Faridkot, Ludhiana and Chandigarh in connection with Delhi liquor policy

Enforcement Directorate holds raids on liquor contractors in Faridkot, Ludhiana, Chandigarh

Searches held at various locations of liquor baron Deep Malh...

Nobel Peace Prize 2022: Ales Byalyatski, Russia's Memorial and Ukraine's Center for Civil Liberties win

Human rights campaigners of Belarus, Russia and Ukraine win Nobel Peace Prize

'The Peace Prize laureates represent civil society in their ...

Suspect in Punjabi family murder had once worked for victim’s trucking business and had feud with them

Suspect in Punjabi family murder had once worked for victims' trucking business and had feud with them

The feud dated back a year, the sheriff said, and “got prett...

Delhi Police arrest man accused of attack at Punjab Police headquarters

Delhi Police arrest man accused of attack at Punjab Police headquarters

Also arrest another man accused of placing IED in Kurukshetr...

Sangrur MLA Narinder Kaur Bharaj marries AAP worker Mandeep Singh at Patiala village gurdwara

Sangrur MLA Narinder Kaur Bharaj marries AAP worker at Patiala village

The MLA is accompanied by Dr Gurpreet Kaur, wife of Chief Mi...


Cities

View All