Tribune News Service
New Delhi, September 9
The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras retained its top spot among institutes while the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bengaluru, ranked the best among research institutions in the country, according to the sixth edition of the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) announced by Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan today.
The PGIMER, Chandigarh, ranked second in the category of Medical Education and Panjab University, Chandigarh, which bagged the second place in the Pharmacy category, ranked 38th in the ‘Overall’ list of 100 institutions in the country.
According to NIRF ranking, AIIMS, Delhi, got the top spot in Medical category.
In the University category, Panjab University got the 23rd rank among the 100 on the list.
In the university category, Patiala-based Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology ranked 26, University of Kashmir (48), Chandigarh University (52), Guru Nanak Dev University (53), Lovely Professional University (62), University of Jammu (66), Maharshi Dayanand University (78), Central University of Punjab (84), Guru Jambheshwar University of Science and Technology (88), Solan based-Shoolini University of Biotechnology and Management Sciences (89), Ashoka University (95), Dehradun-based Graphic Era University (98) and University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (100).
Among the B-Schools, IIM-Ahmedabad topped the list while Jamia Hamdard emerged the top institution for pharmacy studies.
In the colleges category, Miranda House in Delhi bagged the first rank, followed by Lady Sri Ram College for Women, Delhi, and Loyola College, Chennai. Otherwise too, colleges in Delhi dominated ranking with as many as five making to the top 10.
Pradhan said a robust and a role model ranking framework will serve as India’s contribution to the global learning landscape “We must ensure that our ranking framework emerges as a benchmark not only in the country, but also globally, especially for the developing economies”, he said while urging for regional ranking frameworks.
“NEP provides us with an opportunity to internationalise our education system. We must work collectively to bring more and more institutions under our rankings framework and also establish India as a preferred global study destination,” Pradhan said.
As many as 4,030 unique institutions offered themselves for ranking under “overall”, category-specific and / or domain-specific rankings for India Rankings 2021, according to the ministry.
In all, 6272 applications for ranking were made by these 4030 unique applicant institutions under various categories / domains including 1657 in Overall Category, 1143 in Engineering, 659 in Management, 351 in Pharmacy, 120 in Law, 111 in Medical, 78 in Architecture and 1802 in General Degree Colleges.
*IIT Madras retained 1st position in Overall Category as well as in Engineering for the third consecutive year.
*IIS Bengaluru topped the University as well as Research Institution category introduced for the first time
*IIM Ahmedabad topped in Management subject
*AIIMS got the top slot in Medical for the fourth consecutive year.
*Jamia Hamdard topped Pharmacy for the third consecutive year.
*Miranda College retained 1st position amongst colleges for the fifth consecutive year.
*IIT Roorkee bagged the top slot for the first time in Architecture subject displacing IIT Kharagpur.
*National Law School of India University, Bangalore retained first position for in Law for the fourth consecutive years.
*Manipal College of Dental Sciences, Manipal, secure 1st position in Dental category.
Rankings of institutions from North
Overall ranking (list of 100)
1. IIT Madras, Tamil Nadu
2. Indian Institute of Science, Karnataka
3. IIT Bombay, Maharashtra
7. IIT Roorkee, Uttarakhand
31. IIT Ropar, Punjab
38. Panjab University, Chandigarh
40 Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Mohali
45. Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Punjab
77. Chandigarh University, Punjab
78 Dr BR Ambedkar National Institute of Technology, Punjab
81. Lovely Professional University
82 Indian Institute of Technology, Mandi, Himachal
85 Guru Nanak Dev University, Punjab
Architecture (list of 25)
1. IIT Roorkee, Uttrakhand
12. Lovely Professional University Punjab
16. Chandigarh University Punjab
21. Chitkara University Punjab
23. National Institute of Technology, Hamirpur, Himachal
24 Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University, J&K
Medical (list of 50)
1. AIIMS, Delhi
2. PGIMER, Chandigarh
26. Dayanand Medical College, Punjab
29 GMCH, Chandigarh
35. Maharishi Markandeshwar, Haryana
Law (list of 30)
1. Indian Law School of India University, Karnataka
16 Rajiv Gandhi National Institute of Law, Patiala, Punjab
21. Army Institute of Law, Punjab
24 Lovely Professional University, Punjab
25 University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Uttarakhand
27 Panjab University, Chandigarh
Management (list of 75)
1 IIM Ahmedabad, Gujarat
11 MDI, Haryana
14 IIT Roorkee, Uttarakhand
28 IIM Rohtak, Haryana
33. IIT Kashipur, Uttarkhand
37. Lovely Professional University, Punjab
42. Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Punjab
45. Chandigarh University, Punjab
46 University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Uttarakhand
54. Chitkara University, Punjab
67 IIM Amritsar
Pharmacy (list of 75)
1. Jamia Hamdard, Delhi
2. Panjab University, Chandigarh
4. Indian Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Mohali
18. Punjabi University, Patiala, Punjab
23. Lovely Professional University, Punjab
27 Guru Jambeshwar University of Science and Technology
29. ISF College of Pharmacy, Punjab
31 Maharishi Dayanand University, Haryana
34 Maharishi Markandeshwar, Haryana
35. Chitkara University, Punjab
36 Shoolini University of Biotechnology and Management Sciences, Himachal
51. Chandigarh University, Punjab
57. Amar Shaheed Baba Jujhar Singh Memorial College of Pharmacy, Punjab
58. Kumaun University, Nainital, Uttarakhand
63. Chandigarh College of Pharmacy Landaran, Punjab
Research (list of 50)
1. Indian Institute of Science Karnataka
7. IIT Roorkee Uttarakhand
28. Panjab University, Chandigarh
38 Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Punjab
44. Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Mohali
49 IIT Ropar, Punjab
Colleges (list of 100)
1. Miranda House
38 I.C. College of Home Science, Hisar
78 Government Home Science College, Chandigarh
Engineering (list of top 100 of 200)
1. Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Tamil Nadu
6. Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Uttarkahnd
19. Indian Institute of Technology Ropar, Punjab
23 Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology Patiala, Punjab
41. Indian Institute of Technology Mandi, Himachal
49 Dr. B. R. Ambedkar National Institute of Technology Jalandhar
61 Chandigarh University
66 Lovely Professional University, Punjab
69 National Institute of Technology Srinagar, J&K
70 unjab Engineering College (Deemed to be University), Chandigar
79 Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University, J&K
89 Panjab University
97 The Northcap University, Gurugram Haryana
99 National Institute of Technology Hamirpur
Surgical strike on Capt over ‘inaccessibility, SAD proximity...