- After Tera kya hoga Alia, what did you do during the break you took from screen?
I went on a trip to Uttarakhand and visited Kedarnath, Badrinath and Gangotri. I can say that those were the best 10 days of my life. Once I returned, I did a few shoots for some Delhi-based fashion designers and also got offers to write lyrics for a few music videos. I started learning music too. So, I did a lot of things after Tera kya hoga Alia. I utilised my time wisely.
- What kind of work are you looking for?
I am looking forward to playing prominent and performance-based roles, whether it is TV, web or films. Content is the king and the storytelling format has also changed. I feel there are lots of opportunities out there and I want to experiment with various roles as well as mediums.
- Do you think it is difficult to get work on TV?
Honestly, I feel nothing is difficult if the approach is right and you are talented. As an actor, you can’t take up a lot of projects at the same time. You need to choose the one that you feel is perfect for you and give it your best.
- You are making a debut in South-Indian movies with the Telugu film Puzzle; how did you bag the role?
I met the producer and music director at Kailash Kher’s studio. They shared the story with me and also saw my pictures. I was later informed that they were casting me as the lead.
- You don’t know the language, so how will you manage?
I am learning Telugu and trying my best.
- How was it shooting in the new normal?
We are shooting while taking all the precautions. We shouldn’t be exaggerating the scenario. It’s a reality and we are still struggling with these difficult times.
- If not an actor what would you have been and why?
I have done MTech, but I chose acting because I can’t think of anything else! But given a second choice, I would love to be a businesswoman.
- How do you pamper yourself after shooting hours?
I talk to my friends and parents or sometimes watch a film.
Rapporteurs said rules do not conform with international hum...
Says finances of states, Centre under strain due to reductio...
Prohibited activities and services, including cinemas, gyms,...
PAGD to meet on June 22 to decide on Centre's invitation; PD...
Lockdown extended till June 28 for the seventh time