28,252 black fungus cases in India

83% of active cases in 10 states

28,252 black fungus cases in India

86 per cent (24,370 cases) had a history of Covid infection and 62.3 per cent (17,601) had a history of diabetes

New Delhi, June 7

Health Minister Harsh Vardhan today said India had so far recorded 28,252 cases of mucormycosis from 28 states. Of these, 86 per cent (24,370 cases) had a history of Covid infection and 62.3 per cent (17,601) had a history of diabetes.

Maharashtra has maximum number of mucormycosis cases (6,339), followed by Gujarat (5,486), Vardhan said, chairing the 28th meeting of the Covid Group of Ministers. He said India’s recovery rate had risen to 93.94 per cent with daily new cases falling to a 61 day low of 1,00,636 as against 1,74,399 daily recoveries.

The minister said 83 per cent active cases were in 10 states and the remaining 17 per cent in 26 states and UTs. Seven states (Delhi, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Haryana, Gujarat, Uttarakhand and Jharkhand) have less than 1,000 active cases and five states (Jammu, Punjab, Bihar, Chhattisgarh and Uttar Pradesh) have less than 2,000 active cases.

The growth rate has declined from 14.7 per cent (May 5) to 3.48 per cent (today), he said, adding that India had administered 23,27,86,482 vaccine doses as of today and in the 18-44 age group, the first dose had been given to 2,86,18,514 people. The minister said India took 141 days to reach 23 crore mark in terms of cumulative doses administered, the second highest in the world after the US, which did in 134 days. — TNS

Tribune Shorts


Top Stories

Rajnath Singh likely to brief Parliament on chopper crash today

IAF has ordered tri-service investigation into chopper crash, Rajnath Singh tells Parliament

The chopper took off from Sulur Air Base at 11.48 am; Air Tr...

Data recorder of crashed M 17 helicopter recovered

Data recorder of crashed helicopter recovered

A 25 special team of the Air Force officers led by Wing Comm...

Bodies of Gen Bipin Rawat, wife and 3 others identified

Bodies of Gen Bipin Rawat, wife and 3 others identified

The three other bodies were of Brigadier LS Lidder and two p...

Shaurya Chakra awardee Varun Singh survives one night, next 48 hours critical

Shaurya Chakra awardee Varun Singh survives one night; next 48 hours critical

The team of doctors treating Singh are not saying anything

Gen Rawat was strong proponent of India-US defence partnership: US

Gen Rawat was strong proponent of India-US defence partnership: US

General Rawat, his wife Madhulika and 11 other people on boa...

Cities

View All