Tribune News Service
New Delhi, April 29
The Union Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) has issued a fresh order to the states and the Union Territories (UTs) asking them to implement the containment measures as they were communicated to them in the advisory of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) on April 25, 202. This order would remain effective till May 31, 2021, it added.
In an official statement the MHA said, “…all States and Union Territories (UTs) to consider the containment measures, as had been conveyed in the advisory of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW), dated 25.4.2021, for immediate implementation based on the assessment of the situation.”
It has also asked the States and UTs to implement the necessary containment measures, under the relevant provisions of the Disaster Management (DM) Act, 2005.
“MoHFW, in their advisory dated 25.4.2021, had asked the States and UTs to identify districts where either the tests positivity had been more than 10 per cent or more in the last one week; or, where bed occupancy was more than 60 per cent; districts fulfilling any of the above two criteria should be considered for taking intensive and local containment measures,” the MHA order reiterated.
It further reiterated that the National Directives for COVID-19 Management “shall continue to be strictly followed throughout the country and the order shall be effective till 31.5.2021”.
Video shows official photographer hitting dead man; Rahul Ga...
Prime Minister will meet President Joe Biden, Vice-President...
66 per cent India adults covered with 1 Covid shot, 23 per c...
Passengers not fulfilling Covid guidelines issued by UAE
CJI NV Ramana says he wanted to pass an order this week but ...