DT
PT
Subscribe To Print Edition About The Tribune Code Of Ethics Download App Advertise with us Classifieds
search-icon-img
search-icon-img
Advertisement

NCB nabs man supplying drugs to film, TV industry people

His link has also surfaced with the drugs case related to actor Sushant Singh Rajput’s death
  • fb
  • twitter
  • whatsapp
  • whatsapp
Advertisement

Mumbai, November 5

Advertisement

The NCB has arrested a 30-year-old man who was allegedly supplying drugs to people connected with the film and TV industry, an official said on Thursday.

His link has also surfaced with the drugs case related to actor Sushant Singh Rajput’s death, the official from the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) said.

Advertisement

The accused, Abdul Wahid, was nabbed from Azad Nagar Metro station in Andheri area of Mumbai on Wednesday and 650 gm ‘ganja’, certain quantities of mephedrone (also known as MD) and ‘charas’, Rs 1.75 lakh and a car were recovered from his possession, the official said.

“Wahid is a big catch as he was supplying drugs to people connected with the film industry and TV serials,” he said.

Advertisement

The NCB had earlier arrested actress Rhea Chakraborty and some other people in connection with its probe into the drugs case in Rajput’s death.

Chakraborty is currently out on bail.

The NCB recently also questioned some Bollywood personalities in connection with its probe into the drugs angle in Rajput’s death.

Rajput (34) was found hanging at his home in Bandra area here in June this year. PTI

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
tlbr_img1 Classifieds tlbr_img2 Videos tlbr_img3 Premium tlbr_img4 E-Paper tlbr_img5 Shorts