Tribune Web Desk
Chandigarh, July 21
Raj Kundra’s adult film racket flourished during the lockdown, said the Mumbai police crime branch. The porn videos were sent to London and uploaded on an adult app from there and he had another app ready in case the present one was banned.
Addressing a crowded media gathering on Tuesday, Joint Commissioner of Police (Crime) Milind Bharambe said Kundra began this business 18 months ago, but it flourished and he began earning lakhs on a daily basis. Bharambe revealed that he forged a partnership with his UK-based brother-in-law Pradeep Bakshi's Kenrin Limited.
Bharambe said, "As he couldn't upload these videos from India on adult app called Hotshot, he provided the content to a foreign platform by sending videos via WeTransfer. All the content was created at his office and sent to a London-based Kenrin Limited, owned by his brother-in-law Pradeep Bakshi."
Apart from Hotshot, Kundra had another backup planned that was in case this app got banned. It was termed as 'Plan B, Bollyfame'.
The police stated that Kundra was aware that he was violating the law as the app Hotshot was banned from Google Playstore and Apple last year.
The crime branch has recovered several WhatsApp chats that suggest Raj Kundra's 'Plan B Bollyfame' and talks about removal of "bold" content from Hotshot.
"The free to download app was yanked off by both Apple and Google Playstore for the type of its content. The Mumbai Police have recovered incriminating evidences like several HotShot films, video clips, WhatsApp chats, etc. during the investigation," Bharambe.
As for his earnings, the growth of the business led to Raj Kundra earning in lakhs daily. While he initially earned Rs 2-3 lakh per day, the amount later increased to Rs 6-8 lakh daily. "Documents of financial transactions run into thousands. We are analysing the details to get exact earnings. The same will be treated as proceeds of crime. So far, we have frozen Rs 7.5 crore in various accounts,” Bharambe said.
During the press briefing, the police also revealed how new or aspiring actresses coming to Mumbai from all over India were lured with work offers in short films, web series and other movies. "They were called for auditions and after selection made to do bold scenes, which went onto semi-nude and then full-nude shoots. Some of them strongly opposed this and had approached the police," Bharambe said. However, Raj Kundra aides have denied allegations.
Dahiya had lost to Uguev at the 2019 World Championship also
Simranjeet Singh (17th, 34th minutes) scored a brace, while ...
After scoring goal against Germany in hockey bronze match, H...
SGPC to award Rs 5 lakh to participants from Punjab, Rs 1 cr...
The bill provides for the withdrawal of tax demand made on “...