TrendingVideosIndia
Opinions | CommentEditorialsThe MiddleLetters to the EditorReflections
UPSC | Exam ScheduleExam Mentor
State | Himachal PradeshPunjabJammu & KashmirHaryanaChhattisgarhMadhya PradeshRajasthanUttarakhandUttar Pradesh
City | ChandigarhAmritsarJalandharLudhianaDelhiPatialaBathindaShaharnama
World | ChinaUnited StatesPakistan
Diaspora
Features | The Tribune ScienceTime CapsuleSpectrumIn-DepthTravelFood
Business | My MoneyAutoZone
News Columns | Straight DriveCanada CallingLondon LetterKashmir AngleJammu JournalInside the CapitalHimachal CallingHill View
Don't Miss
Advertisement

Rakul Preet Singh has acknowledged summons, says NCB

Earlier in the day, the actor in her official statement said she had ‘not received the alleged summons either at Mumbai or Hyderabad so far’

Unlock Exclusive Insights with The Tribune Premium

Take your experience further with Premium access. Thought-provoking Opinions, Expert Analysis, In-depth Insights and other Member Only Benefits
Yearly Premium ₹999 ₹349/Year
Yearly Premium $49 $24.99/Year
Advertisement

Mumbai, September 24

Advertisement

The Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) on Thursday said actor Rakul Preet Singh had acknowledged the summons sent to her to join the probe being conducted by the agency into an alleged Bollywood-drugs nexus.

Advertisement

Earlier in the day, the actor in her official statement said she had “not received the alleged summons either at Mumbai or Hyderabad so far”.

NCB officials, however, said the actor was contacted through various platforms, including a phone number which is available with the agency.

Also read: Drugs probe: Designer Simone Khambata reaches NCB guest house

Advertisement

“She has acknowledged the summons,” a senior NCB official said. She would join the probe soon, he added.

The NCB, which began the probe after a drugs angle came to light in connection with actor Sushant Singh Rajput’s alleged suicide, has now widened its investigation and asked some ‘A-list’ celebrities of the Mumbai film industry, to “join the probe”, an official said on Wednesday.

The NCB on Wednesday summoned actors Deepika Padukone, Shraddha Kapoor, Sara Ali Khan and Rakul Preet Singh, among others for questioning.

Earlier, the NCB sources had claimed that there was a “reference” to Rakul Preet Singh and Sara Ali Khan in the statement of Rajput’s girlfriend and actor Rhea Chakraborty, who has been arrested in the case.

On Thursday morning, fashion designer Simone Khambata, who was summoned by the NCB to join the probe, reached the agency’s guest house in south Mumbai around 9.30 am, an official said.

Her name cropped up in the questioning of some persons during the probe in the matter, he said.

Rajput’s former manager Shruti Modi also appeared before the NCB probe team on Thursday, the official said.

Some WhatsApp chats of the persons who were questioned earlier by the NCB suggested a discussion about drugs, he said.

The agency has so far registered two cases, one pertaining to drugs angle related to Rajput’s death case and the other in connection with the alleged Bollywood-drugs nexus, a senior official said, adding that “both the cases have common linkages”.

Actors Sara Ali Khan and Shraddha Kapoor would be questioned in connection with both the cases, he said. PTI

Advertisement
Show comments
Advertisement