Sonpreet Jawanda has made his mark in the Punjabi film industry with his power-packed performances. Sonpreet, who debuted with The Blood Street, went on to deliver hits like Mastermind Jinda Sukha, 2 Bol, Saak, Desi Munde and Jora The Second Chapter. This talented actor from Ludhiana tells us how his life is shaping up after the Covid-19 outbreak.
- Have you always been passionate about acting?
Yes, I have always been passionate about acting. I had participated in weekly programme called Bal Sabha in school and later, in youth festivals. I got the college colour for best acting.
- From The Blood Street to Saade Aale—which one do you consider your best film?
Well, I have given my 100 per cent to all films and each character in every film has a unique flavour. But Jora The Second Chapter and Saade Aale come on the top of the list because I got an opportunity to work with the best directors.
- Tell us about your academic background?
I have done my graduation from Government College Karamsar Rara Sahib. I have also done theatre with renowned film and television artiste Nirmal Rishi’s theatre group called Alive Theatre, Ludhiana.
- What new things did you learn during this tough phase of life?
The Covid-19 has taught me a lot. During the lockdown I was stuck in Australia for five months. I got a chance to study and compare the two cultures. I spent time with myself, my family and nature.
- What changes do you see in yourself post Covid-19?
I think this pandemic has brought a positive change in me. I have polished my talent and read books.
- Which is your favourite Punjabi dish?
I love all Punjabi dishes…! Saag and makki di roti are my all-time favorites. I also like to eat gur.
- Your favourite Punjabi film?
Laung Da Lashkara and Sikander are my all- time favourite films.
- A Punjabi song that you like the most?
I like Gurmukhi Da Beta... beautifully sung by Satinder Sartaj.
- Tell us one thing about Punjab and Punjabis that you like?
I would like to say Punjabi attitude, Punjabi hospitality, Punjabi food and Punjabi soil are the best.
- When was the last time you performed bhangra?
Bhangra is in every Punjabi’s blood. No one can live without bhangra. I do it daily.
- Three prominent places you would recommend your fans to visit in Punjab?
Fateh Burj, War Memorials and Darbar Sahib, Amritsar.
- How are you keeping yourself fit these days?
I eat home-cooked healthy food, work out in the gym regularly and then enjoy sound sleep.
- Your upcoming projects?
My upcoming projects are titled Shooter, Saade Aale and Justice.
— Dharam Pal
US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, Defence Secretary Mark Es...
Say feeling 'uncomfortable' over some of her actions and utt...
Solicitor General Tushar Mehta tells a Bench led by CJI SA B...
One youth was known to the victim and a complaint of molesta...
A fixed number of 50 patients will be seen in each OPD; walk...