TrendingVideosIndia
Opinions | CommentEditorialsThe MiddleLetters to the EditorReflections
UPSC | Exam ScheduleExam Mentor
State | Himachal PradeshPunjabJammu & KashmirHaryanaChhattisgarhMadhya PradeshRajasthanUttarakhandUttar Pradesh
City | ChandigarhAmritsarJalandharLudhianaDelhiPatialaBathindaShaharnama
World | ChinaUnited StatesPakistan
Diaspora
Features | The Tribune ScienceTime CapsuleSpectrumIn-DepthTravelFood
Business | My MoneyAutoZone
News Columns | Straight DriveCanada CallingLondon LetterKashmir AngleJammu JournalInside the CapitalHimachal CallingHill View
Don't Miss
Advertisement

Hit by Rs 50-cr loss, PRTC seeks relief from government

Set to resume intra-state service from today

Unlock Exclusive Insights with The Tribune Premium

Take your experience further with Premium access. Thought-provoking Opinions, Expert Analysis, In-depth Insights and other Member Only Benefits
Yearly Premium ₹999 ₹349/Year
Yearly Premium $49 $24.99/Year
Advertisement

Karam Prakash

Advertisement

Tribune News Service

Advertisement

Patiala, May 19

After incurring losses of over Rs 50 crore during the lockdown, the Pepsu Road Transport Corporation (PRTC) is set to ply more than 200 buses on 80 notified routes across the state from Wednesday.

The PRTC, which faced an average per day loss of Rs 85 lakh in the past two months, will be aiming to come back on track financially, as soon as possible.

Advertisement

Significantly, the buses will run with 50 per cent capacity and only after prior booking through an agent or at the ticket counter. Moreover, buses will ferry passengers only between the originating and terminating point with no stoppage on the way.

PRTC MD Jaskiran Singh said they would be running buses on notified routes only. However, the service would be expanded if there is a rush of passengers.

The PRTC is said to have been hit hard owing to the lockdown. The state-run transport corporation has already exhausted its funds because it has been paying salaries and pensions to its employees for the past two months now. He said they had already demanded financial help from the government to overcome losses incurred due to Covid-19.

Advertisement
Show comments
Advertisement