Dr. Jyotika Pruthi
As many young students dream of becoming game designers, they try to figure out if it is worth their time to learn how to code or should one focus on other aspects of game design?
Being a game designer is not only about having an incredible idea for a video game, rather it involves creativity, mathematics, physics and yes, even coding.
If you are an aspiring game designer, it is an inescapable fact that, on occasion, you may be asked to do a little programming. Every video game that we play today has been designed using some form of coding, hence it becomes essential to learn at least one coding language.
Benefits of integrating coding with game designing
- If you understand a code, you can understand how the games are built. This will make you more productive as you would create your own games in the future.
- You will never find it difficult to interact and communicate with engineers and Game Programmers. It would be easier for you to explain any modifications you would wish to make to your game in a very clear manner. This will help to decrease the amount of time it takes to bring the new video game in the market.
- If you learn to code, it gives you an ability to express your ideas with a great accuracy. The communication between you and your team of programmers become clear and concise.
- Although game engines are evolving in the market, but they cannot be compared with the versatility of coding. If one knows how to write and understand code, he gets the freedom to create customised gaming experience.
- Remember, game designer with the knowledge of coding is always of a greater worth to the game industry. Ability to code will help you to find a better career opportunity in the field of game design.
- The two most commonly used languages by game designers are C++ and Java. Games such as Counterstrike, Starcraft have been coded using C++ and games such as Minecraft, Runescape are coded using Java.
— The writer is Design Thinker & Computer Scientist (Email: email@example.com)
Former Presidents Barack Obama, George W. Bush, Bill Clinton...
Next meeting scheduled on January 22; Glad farmers are discu...
A Bench led by CJI SA Bobde issues notice on plea seeking re...
Justice DY Chandrachud dissents again
Police to get details of participating farmers, including ve...