Tribune News Service
Chandigarh, March 8
Punjab Finance Minister Manpreet Singh Badal on Monday presented the state budget for the financial year 2021-22 in the state assembly.
For the health sector, Badal announced the following schemes:
- Eight new maternal and child health wings will be set up in subdivisional hospitals at Talwandi Sabo, Nabha, Patti, Dera Bassi Muktsar, Gurdaspur, Bhawanigarh and Raikot.
- Rs 92 crore allocated for up-gradation of Government Medical College, Patiala
- Two new medical colleges and hospital will be set up at Kapurthala and Hoshiarpur, entailing an expenditure of Rs 650 crore.
- A unit of Tata Memorial Hospital at Mullanpur to be completed using Rs 450 crore
- Virology centres will be set up at the Government Medical College Amritsar and the National Institute of Virology at Mohali.
Punjab Budget: Old-age pension increased to Rs 1,500; free travel for women in govt buses
Punjab Budget: Govt to waive farm loans of 1.13 lakh farmers; Rs 7,180 cr power subsidy announced
Punjab Budget: Free bus travel for govt college students; Rs 100 cr allotted for smartphones for class 12 students
It has also asked the states and UTs to ensure that there sh...
Supplies sent but won’t last beyond a day in most hospitals
The inoculation process and documents to be submitted to get...
Opposition leaders have been critical of the BJP for the big...
No public meeting having more than 500 people to be allowed