Tribune News Service
Chandigarh, March 8
Punjab Finance Minister Manpreet Singh Badal on Monday presented the state budget for the financial year 2021-22 in the state assembly.
The social sector expenditure has been increased from Rs 2,320 crore to Rs 4,000 crore
Also read: Punjab Budget: 48,989 vacancies to be filled; 6th Pay Commission to be implemented from July 1
For the social sector, Badal announced the following schemes:
- Old age pension increased to Rs 1500 from Rs 750
- Free travel for women in government-run buses
- Freedom fighter pension increased from Rs 7,500 to Rs 9,500
- 48,989 posts in state government to be filled in the first phase, against 1 lakh vacancies.
- Rs 100 crore assigned for BR Ambedkar museum to be set up in Kapurthala
- Government to increase the allocation under the Aashirwad scheme from Rs 21,000 to Rs 51,000
- Seven hostels to be set up for working women in Jalandhar, Ludhiana, Patiala, Mohali, Mansa and Bathinda
Punjab Budget: Govt to waive farm loans of 1.13 lakh farmers; Rs 7,180 cr power subsidy announced
Punjab Budget: Govt to set up 2 new medical colleges, 8 maternal and child health wings
Punjab Budget: Free bus travel for govt college students; Rs 100 cr allotted for smartphones for class 12 students
Most Read In 24 Hours
Don't MissView All
Cause of Odisha train crash identified, aim to restore normal services by Wednesday: Rail Minister
Said the issue is of electric point machine, a vital device ...
Odisha train accident: Teams working round the clock to restore tracks
Work is on so that railway services on the main trunk line c...
IndiGo flight carrying Union Minister makes emergency landing at Guwahati airport
The flight with Union Minister Rameshwar Teli on board exper...
Former J-K CM Mehbooba Mufti issued passport after three years
The passport given to Mehbooba is valid till May 31, 2033
Punjab CM Bhagwant Mann takes swipe at Opposition leaders, calls them ‘ek thaali ke chhatte battee’
This came days after several leaders gathered in Jalandhar t...