Saturday, October 19, 2019
Chandigarh » Community

Posted at: Sep 2, 2015, 2:10 AM; last updated: Sep 2, 2015, 1:30 AM (IST)

Parked bus catches fire

Our Correspondent

Mohali, September 1

A bus, which had not been put to use for the past about one year, caught fire near Gurdwara Singh Shaheedan here today.

Sub Fire Officer Mohan Lal Verma said the fire brigade had received a call around 5 pm from Sumit Goyal, a resident of the area, that a bus parked at a petrol pump had caught fire. Two fire tenders were pressed into service. It took more than half an hour to douse the flames.

The Sub Fire Officer said that it was suspected that someone must have entered the bus and probably left a burning bidi (a type of cheap cigarette) inside the vehicle. He said the fire broke out from the inside as the tyres and other exteriors were all right. The inside of the bus was badly damaged.


All readers are invited to post comments responsibly. Any messages with foul language or inciting hatred will be deleted. Comments with all capital letters will also be deleted. Readers are encouraged to flag the comments they feel are inappropriate.
The views expressed in the Comments section are of the individuals writing the post. The Tribune does not endorse or support the views in these posts in any manner.
Share On